Health is a state of complete physical mental and social wellbeing – not just the absence of disease. And it is this state of good health and wellness that one really seeks to achieve being constantly bogged down by stress and a busy lifestyle. And in order to feel relaxed, rejuvinated and energized sometimes all you need is some fresh mountain air. Picture yourself at a hotel in Shimla surrounded by the most beautiful views of the mountains, sitting on a lounger with a refreshing drink in your hands, and on your way to a relaxing spa therapy session. Doesn’t it sound perfect?
Akasa spa at Hotel Willow Banks Shimla
Hotel Willow Banks, one of the best hotel in Shimla, offers you everything you need for a relaxing weekend getaway in the Hills. Akasa spa managed by experienced therapists at this 4-star hotel in Shimla, takes you away from the hum drum of your daily life and actually offers immense health benefits beyond just having a calming effect on your mind and body. The best spa in Shimla you should not miss.
Benefits of spa therapy
A good spa therapy helps from disengage from your routine life, slows you down and allows the body to regenerate. It improves your blood circulation and hence sends more oxygen and nutrients through the body and cells. A massage stimulates the lymphatic system to rid the body of toxins and in fact enhances the ‘feel good’ factors by releasing serotonin.
Spending a while in the jacuzzi at the hotel in Shimla can really help too! Water is yin and yang and when the body is submerged in water, it offers true balance.
Heat treatments like the steam and sauna stimulate blood circulation and initiate a purifying process.
Know more about benefits of spa treatments: Benefits of spa
Our top massage therapies Rs.500 onwards
- Mastaka (Head) massage: This luxuriant hair invigorating treatment is believed to promote hair growth, restore natural sheen and glossiness of the hair fibre.
- Aromatherapy massage: Enjoy the dual benefits of a body massage and aromatherapy. A soothing body massage involving the use of long kneading strokes all over your body. The aroma from essential oils stimulates your mind and eases the mental stress. Experience a feeling of absolute relaxation and wellness.
- Deep tissue massage: Particularly effective for people with muscular pain, this massage helps to refresh and relax muscles by increasing the oxygen flow and also get rid of toxins in sore muscles which helps them heal and strengthen.
- Oriental exotica fruit scrub and wrap: Body exfoliating treatments polishes the skin, promotes cells re-generation, refines pores and offers skin relief and Body wraps to re-mineralise the body, re-charge the body with nutrients and elements, boosting moisture in the skin, helping to rejuvenate and relax the body and mind.
- Couple regal escape: Two therapists perform a romantic candle light sensual massage using evocative oils to set the mood. The massage helps to calm the nervous system, warm and relax muscle tissue and promote the growth of healthy new skin cells ultimately resulting in relaxation and suppleness of skin.
See details on our facebook page: Akasa spa Facebook page
As an icing on the cake, you get to sip on some of the finest local wines and cocktails from our in house restaurant as you enjoy a relaxing massage. And as the sense of calm washes over you at Akasa spa Hotel Willow Banks, Shimla enlivening your body, mind and soul again, you will realize what a true vacation means.